I have been quite luck in conception. For my first pregnancy I just happened have intercourse with my husband during my ovulation period and I had learnt to stay still with my hips a bit elevated to allow the sperm to travel to meet the ovaries.
For second last pregnancy I actually checked my ovulation calender and found out the 5 days when I would be most fertile and I made sure we had intercourse at least 3 times during this period and of course I also stayed still with my hips elevated.
I also took Prenatal vitamins[there are Pre and Post natal vitamins]for quite a while even before my first pregnancy and I continued taking it during pregnancy and while I was breastfeeding. It contains all the necessary supplements for conception, pregnancy and also lactating mothers
Unfortunately I know several people who are having problems conceiving and I know I have been quite luck despite the fact that we are all over the 30 mark.
Some have actually gotten pregnant one or twice in the past and they lost the pregnancies in the early stages and since then getting pregnant is proving to be an uphill task
I know there are lots of women out there who are finding difficulties in conceiving and I wish I could do some thing to help.
But I would give the following basic advice which most of us actually ignore;
- Both of you [ i.e you and your partner]should go for a preliminary check up with your doctor to make sure you are medically fit.
- Make sure you watch your cycle so you could map when you are ovulating [this is your most fertile period]. Get a free online ovulation calculator at conception parenthood.com
- Watch your weight and eat nutritiously, conception in over weight females is very difficult.
- After intercourse make sure you don't run to the bathroom to wash up [as I usually do except when I want to conceive].
- During and after intercourse let your hips be elevated on a pillow or two
- If you are trying to conceive stop smoking as several doctors have said that this slims your chances for conception.
- Also make sure you don't pop antibiotics at will as these have been know to be unsafe for early conception.
- Most importantly let off steam, don't be stressed up so you don't become hypertensive.